View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, please tell me how tax hikes that might generate $90 billion a year, help the country, when we are still spending $1 trillion + more than we take in. convection

Obama cannot stop talking about tax hikes that migt generate $90 billion a year. Our debt is $16 trillion. If you ignore interest, and assume we can put that $90 billion toward the debt (which we can't because of $1 trillio annual deficits), it will take just about 200 years to pay down the debt. And of course, that all ignores the additional $40 trillion we need to shore up SS and Medicare.

So Spence, tell me why $90 billion has any significant impact, why is it even worth mentioning. good convection

I agree the top 1% won't go broke if we take more from them. But it won't put any measurable dent in our situation. If we could fix things by tweaking tax rates on the uber-rich, I'd be in favor. But it's pure bullsh*t, designed to get thoughtless lemmings on the left side fired up about class warfare. Obama spends a huge amount of time and effort talking about something that is mathematically menaingless.

You should know better Spence.
convection...I think Spence was cooking dinner tonight and as he put the Chicken Pot Pie into the oven he had a stroke of "genius"...

the 1% is just for starters, after that we go to work on the other 99%...it's not the spending or the size government that's the problem, it's the unfair and unreasonable amount of money that people earn that the government allows them to keep which could be better used by the government to establish a good convection that benefits all Americans

this is so easy.....