Thread: Debate #2
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #20
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It was interesting, I thought it was more of a draw.

Obama could not have been worse than 2 weeks ago, and he wasn't. I thought Ronmney clobbered Obama on energy (denying Obama his claim that he's responsible for increased drilling on private land, which he has nothing to do with) and on the economy. Romney blew a chance on Libya, though Obama got some help from the moderator there, which was ridiculous. Obama came across better on the social issues.

Again, I thought the questions were insanely left-leaning. If someone is going to ask Romney why he's different than Bush, then someone should ask Obama why he's different than Jimmy Carter. If a Hispanic gets to challenmge Romney on immigration, how about having the widow of a Texas rancher murdered by an illegal alien, asking Obama about his stance on immigration..I don't see how anyone can claim teh questions wre eanywhere near balanced...women's compensation and assault rifles? We spend 20% of the allocated time on those issues?

It's a tight race.
Blame the media, blame the moderator, blame the questions blah blah blah...

It was a town hall in New York. I doubt there are too many widows of Texas ranchers mulling about.

-spence