Thread: Debate #2
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's a critical metric when you take over at the very tip of a massive purging of jobs. Without the job creation the unemployment rate would be in the teens...

Nobody can turn the economy around overnight and considering the depth of the recession even in a few years...can't be done in a global economy.

Today, unemployment is backing down, personal savings is up, the housing market is starting to recover and corporate profits are looking pretty good. I've read that the improving housing market could drive better than expected performance overall in 2013.

Romney is promising his policy will create 12 million new jobs, except they're already projecting 12 million new jobs under the current trajectory set by Obama's policies.

I hate to break it to you, but it's working.

-spence
"Nobody can turn the economy around overnight "

True. But not everyone is incompetent enough to add $5 trillion to the debt in 4 years, and all we have to show for it is a net gain of zero jobs and lower wages.

"I hate to break it to you, but it's working."

Zero job growth, lower wages, higher health costs, higher gas prices, anemic GDP growth...and $5 trillion deeper in the hole.

If that's 'working' to you, you are entitled to that opinion. But we can do better.