View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #57
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Could it be another Armchair Admiral? That was what I could post in 3 minutes, below will be what i can crank out in 20 because dinner is almost ready and I have to work tonight.
If this took you 20 minutes to come up with then you really need to read more.

Quote:
I trust my assessment more (and that of the CBO)
I don't trust you at all, so I guess all is fair, and where do you think the CBO got their numbers? The ship fairy?

*giant snip because its all irrelevant*

So basically now you're admitting that Romney was wrong? Great! Good to see were on the same page.

Quote:
The Ohio replacement SSBNx will blow the Navy Shipbuilding budget. Just crush it. Each ship could cost 1/3 of the total shipbuilding budget (I actually believe SSBNs should be funded outside of Navy shipbuilding). The Virginia is too small to rework even though that has been suggested (Trident D5s are larger than the hull) and the Ohio is tooooooo old to restart production. It would take years to scan the drawings (yes, paper) and recreate in 3D intelligent CAD systems. Seawolf might be able to be reworked but we stopped those at 3 because they were too much $$$$
Congratulations! How's 2008 working out for you? Virginia replaces Seawolf. Seawolf is done due to stupidity and massive overruns. The new SSBN will be modeled after the Virginia program to stay on budget, which amazingly GD has done very well (and kept a ton of Americans employed in Groton and Quonset.)

Quote:
Put that in your 313 Horse & Bayonet pipe and smoke it
How's that "lowest number since 1916" working out for you? I hope well.

Last edited by likwid; 10-23-2012 at 07:38 PM..

Ski Quicks Hole