Thread: Too many
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

herman cain was crucified for these remarks.....why? beacuse how dare he suggest that african americans can get ahead on their own, how dare he not acknowledge the man is holding them down

Cains says this, he gets attacked
Obama adds millsions to food stamps, he gets relected. Sad but true.

When asked by CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley if he thought African Americans had a level playing field, Cain said he thought most of them did, using his own experience in corporations as an example.

“Many of them do have a level playing field,” Cain said. “I absolutely believe that. Not only because of the businesses that I have run, which has had the combination of whites, blacks, Hispanics - you know, we had a total diversity. But also because of the corporations whose board I've served on for the last 20 years. I have seen blacks in middle management move up to top management in some of the biggest corporations in America.”

As for African Americans who remain economically disadvantaged, Cain said they often only had themselves to blame.

“They weren't held back because of racism,” Cain said. “People sometimes hold themselves back because they want to use racism as an excuse for them not being able to achieve what they want to achieve.”

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all