View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #66
scottw

amazing isn't it, this election guaranteed a continued expansion of precisely what is causing the looming disaster that is suddenly a concern and apparently some weren't ever aware of including John, who I consider to be knowledgable and fair minded, and who could repeat a complete mischaracterization of a comment from a quote by a remote politician that apparently taints his entire party but had barely heard of this "fiscal cliff" thingy...

predictably, when decmocrats lose elections is because the electorate was too stupid to have listened to their brilliant message

and of course, when Republicans lose elections we're told it's because of those lunatic radical pro-life religious right who I suppose are far more nauseating than their counterpart radical lunatics in the democrat party

sad when "pro-life" in America is considered a radical and lunatic position

someone really does need to look in the mirror

many of my democrat/liberal friends consider Lincoln Chaffee to be their model Republican so I'll take the suggestion from some of you that they party needs to moderate quite a bit with a grain of salt

Detbuch is right, we are deciding federal elections based on things, issues that the Federal Government has no business being involved in, sadly, the important matters are overlooked, the federal government expands and the dependant class strengthens it grip on the election results through it's enablers and promulgaters in the democrat party, it's all by design and that should concern everyone but is apparenly applauded by about half...

.....the division is very clear, about half of the country is very happy to see a very large and expanded role by the Federal Government into the various aspects of our lives and believe that central planning is the best solution to our problems going forward and have very little attachment to our founding principles, about half believe in the original plan laid out for our government at the state and federal level and believe that adhering to those or reacquainting ourselves with those is the best way to proceed, and then there are those in the middle that can't make up their mind till the week of the election....

we've just enabled and emboldened a President and an administration that has a view of the role and scope of a federal government with no limits and we will get the government that we deserve....

Roosevelt was re-elected while presiding over a depression, he did so by buying the electorate with federal dollars, he however, unlike Obama did not have the massive indebtedness of the programs that he created during that crisis already on the books, Obama will further expand the federal government, continue to set in place national healthcare with resistance from as many as 30 states, probably go back after Cap and Trade, Amnesty, maybe more stimulus to keep the unions and govt. workers employed...back to the drawing board with even more zeal...

Congressional Republicans should step aside and let him have whatever he wants they are going to be pillaried by the mainstream press and democrats on a daily basis for any attempt to oppose him anyway....let him have it all, then we'll see who he blames...I guess there's always the American people