Thread: Lay Offs
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #57
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Still sounds like hate to me, no matter how it was written. I love my country and would not want anyone leaving just b/c they have different politics. Apparently, ronnie and john Wall feel differently.
so lets look at this.

PaulS starts his own company. He is sucessful has annual revenues of 1-2M, he employs 10 people. has 2 wonderful kids, buys a big house, buys a lake house, buys a few boats. he works hard and rewards himself. He pays his share of taxes his whole life.
PaulS at 70 yrs old passes away, shortly after his beautiful wife also passes.
His children are 35 and 40 yrs old, they are on their own, own careers, own families. They inherit their parents estate valued at 5 million.
In comes the US government - 55% or 2,750,000 is ours - you have 9 months to pay us. Knock, knock - its the state - you owe us 10% estate tax - you have 9 months to pay.
Assets are sold, the lake house, the boats, the cars, etc. legal fees to dispose of the estate stack up. Pauls childnre watch their parents lives be sold off in chunks, everythign they dreamed sold to pay Uncle Sam. - In the end the grand life savings of PaulS equates to about 1.5M to his family, his grandkids, his relatives, charities. The government seized all his other assets.
What a great country!
Thats not politics Paul, this is reality. That is robbery. I wont stand for it.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all