Thread: Vega Set-up
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #21
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishing bum wannabe View Post
You will need a scanner for this. Place the lure you want to use as a master on your scanner bed. Make sure it is level. Scan it at 100%. Output a print at 100%. The print can be attached to your template material with virtually any glue, I like spray contact cement, however I have used regular wood glue though it takes a while to set up. Cut the profile using whatever tools you have leaving about an extra 1/16" to trim. Sand the edge to final profile. I like using a belt sander and a sanding block for final shaping. I have had great success doing this. The nice thing is if I have a working prototype with hooks that I want to use (maybe borrowed?) I don't have to unrig it to use it. I've been doing this for 10 years.
Pretty much how I still do it and learned it from one of your early posts and I am still using the home made dup. I made with inspiration from your early posts too. It's all old school compared to what a lot of the guys use nowadays but that is why I like it.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote