View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
Mr. Sandman

Boat speakers....

I have 4 bose speakers (the environmental outdoor line) mounted under the gunnels +10" sub (as well as 4 bose cube style inside the pilothouse, and two no-name marine box speakers down below in the bunk area.

I have had consistent problems with the outdoor speakers failing. They just stop working. I had them on my previous boat as well and they crapped out there too. They last for a season but normally die the next season. I take them off the boat each winter, gently clean and store them indoors. It is only the outside speakers that die.

In the past I just bought another one but now I am trying to claim something under warranty, one has died completely less than one year after purchase. (we will see how that goes...)

Anyway, In the event I need to purchase new ones, what speakers do you like for outside under the gunnels. I am looking for good units that hold up to the elements better. They are driven by a 3 zone fusion system with a separate power-amp and the outside set also has a 10" sub woofer as well. When it works it sounds awesome but these outdoor speakers seemed to crap out fast.

Any suggestions?
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote