Thread: NRA
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #154
scottw

Eben, who do you know that owns a Vulcan Minigun? I'm not sure that any of the violence that is being attributed to guns recently or for quite some time involved Vulcan Miniguns, if fact I couldn't find anything that suggest that they were being used to commit any crimes except in the Grand Theft Auto video game....if we ban Vulcan Miniguns and anything that resembles them and place many other bans and restrictions that we might dream up or that are currently being mentioned...please tell me how that would have stopped the Sandy Hook shooter, or any of the other shooters for that matter or future shooters?

Virginia Tech..... "Cho used two firearms during the attacks: a .22-caliber Walther P22 semi-automatic handgun and a 9 mm semi-automatic Glock 19 handgun.[13] The shootings occurred in separate incidents, with the first at West Ambler Johnston Hall, during which Cho killed two pupils, and the second at Norris Hall, where the other 31 deaths, including that of Cho himself, as well as all the nonlethal injuries, occurred."

I'd just like to know exactly what is proposed as a solution and then how it is supposed to stop what occured to prompt the proposed action. There seems to be a disconnect. If you really believe that reducing the availability of certain guns and ammo and capacity is the solution then you really need to take it to it's logical conclusion and ban them all because there will still be sick people that will use whatever legal or illegal weapon of whatever capacity that is at their disposal to committ these crimes....

Last edited by scottw; 01-08-2013 at 06:51 AM..