Thread: NRA
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #201
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And maybe you could attempt to respond to what people here are actually saying, instead of putting radical jibberich words in our mouths. Did anyone here propose to ban guns entirely?

You think that a law banning high capacity magazines is comparable in scope to a law banning cell phones? Are high capacity magazines as instrumental to our collective pursuit of happiness, as cell phones are? Do you really think that?
Jibberich? You spew more gibberish on this site than anyone (I must admit that many times I agree with it though )

I'm not saying a law banning high capacity magazines is comparable in scope but I am saying that cell phone texting causes more deaths than high capacity magazines.

The point I’m trying to make is that banning something or making something illegal gives people a warm and fuzzy but in reality, it hardly ever is the solution. I don’t own any high capacity weaponry, nor do I want to. I just think jumping to the “make them illegal” bandwagon is a slippery slope and really hides the true problem with our society. It’s not the guns I’m afraid of, it’s the people. We need to change the people………………….

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"