View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I would rather chew tinfoil than raise a family in Tennessee.Two days,three tops and I would be gone for good.Go rockytop.Memphis would be cool for Q and live blues though.
Of course, you are entitled to your opinion. Elitist as it sounds.

He lives in a gorgeous house in a gorgeous suburb of Nashville. Newer schools. All kinds of healthy activities for the kids. Lots of successful middle and upper-middle class folks. There is more to the south these days than tobacco road and trailer parks.

I cannot imagine what even the governor of CT would say, to convince anyone that CT is $1800-a-month better than TN. Thats a lot of green. Over a lifetime, it's an absolute fortune to the vast majority of folks.

You're entitled to your opinion. And I'm also sure that if most folks in Tennessee spent a month in CT, they would be baffled at why anyone would pay $1800-a-month more, for our entire lives, to live in CT.

The CT population is shrinking, that's a fact. And the people we are losing are precisely the ones that we need to keep.

I also would love to go to Memphis for the 'Memphis in May' BBQ cookoff. The Super Bowl of pork.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-10-2013 at 11:26 AM..