View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #22
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

family is a great reason - but not sure it would drive dangles to say - "I would rather chew tinfoil than raise a family in Tennessee.Two days,three tops and I would be gone for good.Go rockytop.Memphis would be cool for Q and live blues though"

thats a comment on TN, not on the proxemity to his family. I want to understand what makes TN a god awful place compared to MA? I lived in Mansfield for 10 yrs as an adult and father. I can't tell you whats so great about it. Its a fine area, ok schools. People are ok, etc. Could i put a sales pitch on why people should move there? Positives - 1hr from ocean, ok. But really, thats it. $4 to park in train lot, $300 a month for a rail pass to Boston, high taxes, school cuts, growing malls and stores, yuck. Do you take scenic drives through Attleboro, Lowell, South boston, Worcester, New Haven etc and say wow, its sure is pretty here! Why do New Englanders, in general, hate the south and southwest? My friends looked at us as if we were from mars when we said we are moving to TX.

Last edited by RIJIMMY; 01-10-2013 at 02:29 PM..

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all