View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #29
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Not for nothing but I like Easton and it has some unique features for people who care about architecture from some very prominent names.Personally I live next to about 200 acres with a path from my driveway leading directly to it(last week I saw a huge owl devour a rodent at dusk).I am 45 minutes to my boat in Westport where my family comes to play at the beach or go out to eat on the water.I took my mom to lunch in Menemsha this summer and my wife to Block Island for a day.We just returned from a ski trip to Stowe for New Years and I went ice fishing at the Norton res last weekend.For dinner I am within an hour of three great cities in Newport,Boston and Providence all of which have plenty of arts for those who so desire. It is also nice having some professional sports teams to go see on occasion and I have 4 within 40 minutes.I went to New Orleans for jazzfest and it was great but there is no chance I could have spent a 4th day there and I wasn't exactly in a pit.Don't take it personally because I am happy Jimmy,why wouldn't I be? But my guess is Texas would fall into the New Orleans category for me;a fun place to visit.....and Memphis seems like it could offer just as much.I am sure you are happy so you needn't convince me.
you're missing my point. I agree with everything you stated. But almost everything you said, with the exception of the ocean may be available in TN. yet you crapped on it? why? I just dont get it and its a common New England thought process. You guys all get defensive of where you live, I wasnt attacking where you live, but come on. I moved my wife from San Francisco to mansfield. Imagine her culture shock, John - she'd laugh you out of the room if you think Easton has good Mexican and Thai! Look around you, there are many great places to live. I dont understand the strong sentiment towards other parts of the country. Many of us on this thread are music fans, hell there are volumes of songs about TN. people seel to love it. Elvis lived there? Any guy that eats fried pb an dbacon samdwiches is ok in my book. The only MA song I know is Dirty Water!
HAVE AN OPEN MIND. This is a great country with some wonderful places. I just dont get the disgust.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all