View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #45
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I I find it hard to believe that there is not one good Mexican restaurant or Thai restaurant within 30 miles of my house. I guess since you've evidently tried them all, you can say that. I'll go next door and tell the Mexicans to close up shop and go to work at Taco Bell because their food isn't up to the standards of Mexican food in CA or TX.

right, my favorite is the MaMex food, its great. In fact its spread all over the country! MaMex food is available almost anywhere. Chilis is considered MaMex and most fast food may be too. Most ma-mex food has been dumbed down for the masses but in Ma you can get authentic ma-max. The roots are due to the vast cultural history of how massachusetts and mexican food has combined over hundreds of years to form "mamex". There is San Antiono, El Paso, and Easton-io
Oh wait, thats Tex-Mex! sorry. Nah, who would have thought that the state that gave rise to an entire strain of mexican cooking would have good mexican food? I bet Massachusetts has great chili and barbeque too!

this place was walking distance from my apt. I ate in the mission 3 times per week. its no Chipolte or QDoba, but we managed! Let me know when you see some marichi bands walking around Easton and then maybe we'll have a real dialog.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all