Thread: ANOTHER NCP ?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
stripermaineiac

One of the hardest things that I've found with metalics is the amount of flaws within the spools of thread.I've had to send a few spools-1 oz- back to the company. This adds to the problems with it.tension is something that is esential in using it.Teflon is about the only good burnishing tool working with it. they can be found in some of the art sales shops.Once a bad wrap is found I just bite the bullet and re wrap the rod as the work to fix is more than redoing it with multiple coats of epoxy which affect the rod action especially with the new light weight scrims an nano tech used itn the process. Murphy is all rodbuilders friend LOL and worst enemy.As manufacturers keep cutting corners and buy overseas it will get worse.If you've run across this more than a couple times get rid of the thread and try another one.I've run across this 3 times in over 40 yrs of wrapping rods.Just some food for thought.By the way there is still a load of Gudebrod thread out there if you search around. Ron
stripermaineiac is offline   Reply With Quote