View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #150
BMEUPSCOTTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Future instances like this...Twitter, Facebook and any other Social media sites should be shut down as Standard procedure....

Nitwits are posting on twitter everything they are hearing on the police scanners and pictures of where SWAT/Police are setting up in neighborhoods....WTF
Good idea, and apparently the authorities feel the same... All the scanner links for the app I have were made unavailable not long after my last post... I heard they nipped it at the source and "shut down" (?) the scanners... Don't really know what that means. I can see how they would have the ability to make the streaming web links unavailable, but don't see how they could block old school, home-based, plug-in radio scanners... Did they switch to a special frequency, and if so, why not use it all the time, as it would seem to only benefit the criminals and the overly curious? (I'll admit falling under the later in unprecedented cases like this... I do not "tweet" as it were, and won't be to hard on myself unless I hear this guy is on SB... :-S)

Even down here near RI there were cops everywhere when I took a ride to Swansea about an hour ago... Not going near Dartmouth today, that's for sure...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote