View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
FishermanTim

We live in an OVERconnected society.
We expect instant updates, instant gratification and instant results.
We get mad if we have to wait a munite for minute rice, instant coffee is too slow, and the new mantra is "If you wanted to get it sooner, you should have done it yesterday!"
We live in such a drastically overconnected world that we don't even have time to make a telephone call. We can't even take the time to spell out our conversation, let alone spell it correctly. We have driven ourselves up against a wall of technology, and if that technology should ever fail, we will be doomed. No one knows how to actually "do" anything these days.....They have a "app" for it so they don't have to know "how" to do it, they just push a button.

I may be starting to look like a dinosaur to me neices and nephews, but I do know how to do a lot of "manual" things, and they are fun, entertaining, and don't cost an arm and a leg. Even better, there isn't a new edition being released every year (or so) so I don't have to upgrade whatever. I almost seem to welcome power failures, because then I am in control.
No tv, no Iphone, no Ipad, no video games, no electronic distractions whatsoever. Aaahhh, total bliss!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote