View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 05:17 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Eastman relayed in previously undisclosed email that he had awareness of a debate among SCOTUS judges about whether to listen to an election case.
Another Trump lawyer, Ken Chesebro, suggested the justices may be more inclined to weigh in if they had “fear” of “‘wild’ chaos” on Jan 6. He said it five days after Trump’s “wild” tweet about his Jan 6 rally.
The emails are among a tranche the House select committee has, according to people familiar with their work.
It’s unclear what, if anything, Eastman was basing his claims on. Equally striking is Chesebro’s statement about pressuring the justices to agree to hear a case for fear of “wild” chaos on Jan. 6.
“I don’t have the personal insight that John has into the four justices likely to be most upset about what is happening in the various states, who might want to intervene, so I should make it clear that I don’t discount John’s estimate,” Chesebro wrote.
The email exchange took place on Christmas Eve in 2020, five days after Trump’s “Be there. Will be wild!” tweet.
Chesebro email is in some ways more striking, as it’s unclear whether Eastman actually had information, while Chesebro openly described wanting to create a certain climate by which the justices would act.
…provided the committee with crucial evidence about the role played by Mr. Eastman, who conceded during an email exchange with Mr. Jacob that his plan to overturn the election was in “violation” of federal law.’ No wonder Eastman was advised to get a good lawyer.

But Kavanaugh……
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i didn’t say “but” kavanaugh, you did. I can discuss two things at once. you’re the one for whom it must be one or the other for some
reason.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device