View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #10
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Brian, I agree it isn't the same McCain now. The thing is (sadly but maybe thankfully) is that whether Obama or McCain goes in now, we will have elections in 4 years. At least with McCain we get another chance in 4 years. With Obama, we could have that for 8.

I don't see McCain going into Iran with boots. McCain or Obama *may* have to go into Iran with other than ground forces if they get Nukes. That ship has sailed (unless W does something else dumb) but the focus will move from Iraq to AFG.

I don't have ANY confidence in Obama being able to work to solving the 800 pound elephant in the room - Pakistan. Obama's addresses on how he will handle Pakistan have been flat out wrong.

We MUST get the local populace of Pakistan, specifically the people in the FATA, to come around. That is the where the focus must be. Attacking into Pakistan isn't going to help. What was never mentioned is that any appreciable supplies to all NATO forces - meaning ANYTHING that can't be loaded on an aircraft (not that we have the airlift capacity) now go through Pakistan to get to AFG. Doing more to destabilize an already destabilized area would be disastrous.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: