Thread: Россия
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So are you suggesting it did nothing ? what were your expectations? or are you saying Obama lied.. not sure how you can suggest the country got nothing ? from start to finish of his administration ,, every one R or D hoped for more I am sure

C&P In all, the administration rescued the US economy and bequeathed a sound foundation for its successor to build on. But it made a big mistake: it did not go all out to punish those whose malfeasance and irresponsibility blew up the financial system and economy. This sense of injustice is one reason why the US has elected the wrecking crew that is about to take office. Mr Obama could not channel rage. Mr Trump, alas, can.

thanks for sharing a link that shows a POTUS admitting things didn't go as expected .. and how a partisan person attempted to use it again out of contex . show this to Trump so he may learn how to be honest

By itself, the stimulus bill saved or created an average of 1.6 million jobs a year for four years through the end of 2012,

More than 40,000 miles of roads and more than 2,700 bridges have been upgraded, nearly 700 drinking water systems serving more than 48 million people have been brought into compliance with federal clean water standards and high-speed Internet was introduced to about 20,000 community institutions.

Half of the total fiscal support for the economy, or about $689 billion, from the recovery act and subsequent measures was in the form of tax cuts directed mostly at families. The remainder was spent on such things as rebuilding roads and bridges, preventing teacher layoffs and providing temporary help for people who lost their jobs or needed other assistance because of the poor economy.
"So are you suggesting it did nothing ?"

I am suggesting it didn't do much, despite spending 750 billion.

"what were your expectations? "

My expectations were that it wouldn't do much, so it met my expectations. It fell far short of Obama's expectations.

"are you saying Obama lied"

No, I am suggesting he was catastrophically wrong. As usual.

The economy got a lot better during his term. Not much of that was because of his stimulus bill. More was because o flow interest rates and quantitative easing. I don't know a single person who personally benefitted form that stimulus. Almost all of us, are benefitting from the tax overhaul.

"thanks for sharing a link that shows a POTUS admitting things didn't go as expected "

He was laughing. He thought it was funny that the "shovel ready jobs promise" was a false promise. It took us $750 billion to learn that he didn't know what he was talking about.

"and how a partisan person attempted to use it again out of contex"

Oh, out of context again. All criticisms of Trump are in the proper context, all criticisms are taken out of context somehow.

He said that if we spent 750b, unemployment would stay below 8%. We spent the money, and unemployment shot up over 10%.

"Half of the total fiscal support for the economy, or about $689 billion, from the recovery act and subsequent measures was in the form of tax cuts directed mostly at families"

I don't know a single family who got a tax cut as a result of the Obama stimulus, never heard anyone make that claim. I guess you took it out of context.