View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I've read that the religious demographic distribution in Iran is similar to the US actually in terms of conviction.

Interesting. Since you read it, I guess there must be no doubt that it is "true." But if similar in terms of conviction means the majority profess a religion but don't fervently adhere or practice its most "extreme" tenets, isn't there an important difference compared to the US. Somehow, we not only don't translate those most extreme convictions into government, our government here does not enforce the practice of religion at all. We are, however, sliding to more dictatorial government in other respects, therefor becoming more similar to Iran in that way, but we still have a way to go. Not such a long way in terms of what we are progressively giving the government power to do--that is happening rapidly. But the government, as yet, isn't fully actuating the total the power it is grabbing. But, given time, and complacency, who knows? There's that old (so probably no longer applies) "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely."

It always seems to be a shame when Obama didn't wave his magic want and make impossible situations perfect doesn't it?

Well, since that's what magic wants are for, why doesn't he wave it? Didn't all our other emperor presidents do it? Anyway, if the situation is impossible, why does he pretend to be waving his want? Does the emperor want some clothes?

The Green movement didn't have the momentum to really take shape. It's unfortunate but it's also reality.

Spence, since you are so busy in your work and home life, I don't think you have time to pay attention to how things, vacillating momentums, have been taking place/shape. The green movement has shaped quite a bit. And it is by no means through. If you read the Copenhagen Accords on climate change, you might get some inkling of where we are heading. The Progressive movement is far from dead. The "green" aspect is just a part of its solution and methodology for creating a united world with equal distribution of all resources and the ensuing rationalization and total governance of humanity, as well as of nature itself.

The Progressives may suffer little losses now and then, but they never give up. And whatever means necessary, including the Green movement, are at their disposal.

In fact, it is countries like Iran, far more so than the US, who stand in the way of the Progressive movement and its Greenies.

Don't ignore the history of the US meddling in Iranian affairs,

Of course, we are supposed to ignore their meddling in ours.

we seem to have forgotten it but they haven't.
Nor have Russia or other "enemies" in the Middle East. If you had not got lost early in my post at the beginning of this thread, you would have seen that we haven't forgotten it, and that their "not forgetting," but even translating it into misrepresentation, is a unifying force for getting them together in opposition to us, to Israel, and to what is left of the "West." Obama's pretending to wave his magic want at the threat to us, while realizing that the "situation" is supposedly impossible, seems to be theater to appease them. With the realization that they will, with or without his approval, eventually have their way. I wouldn't be surprised, if he actually thinks that far ahead, that he sees their inevitable coalescence to be their own demise. After they have had their little anti-West party, they will see that they really don't agree with each other and will destroy one another in their own petty conflagrations. That will make it easier for the Progressive unification of the World. And the Greenies will have their place at the table.

Last edited by detbuch; 03-05-2015 at 10:40 PM..