View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 11:58 AM   #120
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I didn't think Trump had a prayer, either.

That's not the clip I'd show, to illustrate the bias.

His MS-13 quote is a perfect example. He clearly meant that MS13 are animals, but several media outlets couldn't wait to report that he said all Mexicans were animals.

Or when he was campaigning, and he said that Mexican immigrants "are" drug dealers and rapists. In that same speech, he said that many were very nice people, so obviously he wasn't saying that 100% of them are rapists and drug dealers. But that's how it got spun.

They can't be fair or objective, they just can't. They will do anything to make him out to be a cartoon villain.
This MS13 quote?
The previous administration enacted an open-door policy to illegal migrants from Central America. "Welcome in. Come in, please, please."

As a result, MS-13 surged into the country and scoured, and just absolutely destroyed, so much in front of it. New arrivals came in and they were all made recruits of each other, and they fought with each other, and then they fought outside of each other. And it got worse and worse, and we've turned that back.

In the three years before I took office, more than 150,000 unaccompanied alien minors arrived at the border and were released all throughout our country into United States’ communities -- at a tremendous monetary cost to local taxpayers and also a great cost to life and safety.

Nearly 4,000 from this wave were released into Suffolk County -- congratulations -- including seven who are now indicted for murder. You know about that.

In Washington, D.C. region, at least 42 alien minors from the border surge have been recently implicated in MS-13-related violence, including 19 charged in killings or attempted killings.

You say, what happened to the old days where people came into this country, they worked and they worked and they worked, and they had families, and they paid taxes, and they did all sorts of things, and their families got stronger, and they were closely knit? We don't see that.

Failure to enforce our immigration laws had predictable results: drugs, gangs and violence. But that’s all changing now.
And Mexicans
Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
Are you claiming that he is not trying to spin opinion?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin