View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #302
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
nm
"should I take the liberty and generalize by saying "conservatives spit on people and sucker punch people when they don't like what those people say"?

No, if you say mean 'most' but say 'all', I have no issue. But what you said here (maybe I mis-read) is that 'all Trump suporters are doing this', when it's literally something like once for each million supporters. If I say "unions vote for democrats", I think I'm a bit closer to being accurate, then you are if you say 'Trump supporters are punching everyone out'.

"both samples are too small to make that generalization"

Not sure. In the case of rioters, just about 100% of them are liberal. I keep asking for examples of conservatives rioting to prevent liberal politicians from speaking, and no one responded, so I assume there are none. But 99.9% of Trump supporters haven't done anything wrong (maybe supporting him is bad enough, I could be convinced of that).

"you generalize and make the obviously wrong assumption that the ones doing the protesting (and yes acting like idiots) are representative of all liberals "

I hear lots of conservatives (LOTS) condemn Trump and the violence at his rallies. I haven't heard a single liberal tell the rioters to knock it off because Trump has the right to free speech. I see th erioters being treated like modern-day Rosa Parks. I calls 'em like I sees 'em.