View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #217
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Jim, please understand I am done responding to you for now. I previously ignored your posts for awhile because I felt any discussion was just a waste of time. I am done again. You can call checkmate if you want, but please understand it is not an issue of me thinking that you are too good at making your points and I can't keep up. I am just bored. Your comments like having to stop every 12 miles to plug it in demonstrate that in this case, and some others you really have no idea what you are talking about. It is a plug in hybrid that goes between 25 and 50 miles on electric only, then runs on gas. More hyperbole or clueless? Hyperbole gets old... Here is some links for you...

2012 Chevrolet Volt Reviews, Pictures and Prices | U.S. News Best Cars

2012 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

oh also...

your article said 3200 volts sold. 7671 sold for the year as of Decmeber 31, 2011. You really need me to do the math for you?
you are pretty funny...here's the best attempt at a positive article that I can find...of course sales are so strong that they are scaling back production and laying of 1300

Chevy Volt Sales up in February

GM's Plug-In Bounces Back from 'Political Punching Bag' Status

March 1, 2012

Sales of General Motors Co.'s Chevrolet Volt rallied back in February from early year lows, as the company sold more than 1,000 of its hybrid electric plug-in vehicle last month.

That marks the Chevy Volt's third-best selling month ever, and the numbers serve as the first sign that GM's foray into the electric vehicle market has weathered a storm of criticism and negative publicity late last year and early this year. GM sold just 623 Volts in January, and it sold 281 last February

it's third best month ever was 1000 vehicals? WOW...only need to more than triple that for the next ten months to meet expectations

Toyota Beats U.S. Sales Estimates as Rising Gas Prices Stoke Prius Demand

By Alan Ohnsman - Mar 1, 2012

Toyota Motor Corp. seeking record U.S. Prius sales in 2012, said increased supply of the hybrid helped the automaker beat analysts’ estimates for February sales and will buoy gains in March amid rising fuel prices.

Asia’s largest carmaker reported yesterday that sales of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles rose 12 percent last month, more than the 8.2 percent average of seven estimates compiled by Bloomberg. Prius sales, including the v wagon, were up 52 percent to 20,589, the highest in almost four years. The total for all Toyota and Lexus hybrids climbed 60 percent.

.“They’re targeting 220,000 Prius sales,” said Alan Baum, principal of Baum & Associates, a provider of auto-industry analysis in West Bloomfield, Michigan. “Given the assumption we’ll have high gas prices into the summer, this looks like a reasonably good bet.”

I'd blame it on the Obama Reverse Midas Touch

maybe more Obama money is required:

New proposals....Two separate initiatives are being pursued in 2011 to transform the tax credit into an instant cash rebate. The objective of both initiatives is to make new qualifying plug-in electric cars more accessible to buyers by making the incentive more effective. The rebate will be available at the point of sale allowing consumers to avoid a wait of up to a year to apply the tax credit against income tax returns.[64][65] The first initiative is from Senator Debbie Stabenow who reintroduced the "Charging America Forward Act." This bill was originally introduced in August 2010 but was not voted by the full Senate.[64] The bill will turn the tax credit into a rebate worth up to $7500 for plug-in electric vehicles and also provide businesses with a tax credit for purchasing medium or heavy duty plug-in hybrid trucks.[66] The other initiative is from the Obama Administration that was included in the submitted FY 2012 Budget as a provision to transform the existing credit into a rebate that will be claimable by dealers and passed along to the consumers.[65][67]

Another change to the law governing the plug-in tax credit was introduced by Senator Carl Levin and Representative Sander Levin who are proposing to raise the existing cap on the number of plug-in vehicles eligible for the tax credit. The proposal raises that limit from the existing 200,000 PEVs per manufacturer to 500,000 units.

they should just offer Volt buyers $15,000 instant cash in the spot for buying a Volt and get the sales up to like...half of what their goals is and claim victory...still won't need to worry about hitting that sales cap so I guess there's no rush to run right out and buy one

Last edited by scottw; 03-02-2012 at 09:36 PM..