View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 08:47 AM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
This is what I know as fact. As of 4 days ago, Rhode Island was not testing anyone who had symptoms. No one was getting tested unless they were critically sick to the point of being close to death, the elderly and health care professionals.

I believe that the real number infected would make your jaw drop.
Furthermore.. because so many are infected, herd immunity will kick in soon and we will start to see a drop in non reported infections in a couple of weeks. This is why the upper powers that be keep saying “fast recovery”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It is currently unknown whether anyone can get reinfected with the novel coronavirus, which complicates plans to achieve herd immunity naturally.

We have about 2.77 hospital beds per 1000 people.
Assuming we could double or triple that somehow only gets us to 6 or 9, it requires 4x the capacity to get to 1% of the population.
Now that to the rate of infection and percentage that are serious and require intensive care.
Herd immunity without a vaccine is a fail and we could end up like Italy and Spain taking people over a certain age off life support and sedating them.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote