View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

While I'm no expert ,by any imagination on the mid east, his perspective sounds well grounded.

I like to get perspectives from people who have been involved on the front lines rather than some politician who is always pandering for votes, takes a trip to the hot zones every 5 years,
holds his finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing or some press that has their own agenda.

Like the Brigadier General said," They are putting their thirst for political power and quest for victory in 2008 above what is best for this county."

I would venture to say that except for a few political slogans the average American has no clue as to what is really going on in the world.
Too busy living on Easy Street.

Common sense tells me this area will always be a hot bed as for centuries people have hated and killed each other.
Don't see any change either as every peace strategy ever thought of and tried has never lasted for long.

If it weren't for our need of their oil to survive we would have no need to be there.

Unfortunately for us, until we come up with our own energy needs, whether it's nuclear power, coal, or drilling for oil in Anwar, we will have no choice but to be there.

Imho, it's a case of pay me now or pay me later, with now being the harder choice but later the easy way, but with a lot more consequence.

" Choose Life "