View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 08:55 AM   #61
Clammer

Florida & Florida & RI is RI

a lot of guys , recs, familys , eat the bass .

see how bait shows feels if they can,t sell clamworms @ 8.50 per dozen & up .the Scuppers arn,t buying worms .
& terminal tackle ??????

Charter boats ..……… only in RI .I know there are plenty that catch & release , but also a lot do that plus the charters do want the option to take home one or two 0r a 50 #

Yet .rumor has it the RICBA isn,t happy with one bass per angler …….. that they are going to propose to have another exception for then next year .like they already have for all ground fish . they want two bass per angler per [TRIP] some make more than one trip a day .

yes most commercial R&R bass fisherman can,t make a living on stripers …………. but in RI you also have spear fisherman & trap fisherman that target bass .

also with few exception few commercials fisherman can make it on any fish & many fish >>any & everything to make a living .
traps , R&R , lobster, crabs, fish , digging .

IMO .which is all it is will only hurt the guy really trying to make a living ……… the black market will thrive & life goes on.

A real effort by enforcement with real high fines/penalities , instead of looking the other way . would really help to curtail illegal fisheries ……………. But at this stage I,m broken & tired of the B/S & sadly the boat has been at the dock waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I can remember .
Fishing & the life was good while it lasted ………...I just told my kid last week .that if I get altimzers [sp] & I start forgetting about ya Mom or I can,t remember the stories .P L E A S E . help me ……….. OUT

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote