View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 12:31 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
this is what I think the POTUS elect is expected to say. not taunting New Year’s greeting to those who opposed him.

Happy New Year to all, including the many who did not vote for me and let us move past the election and start the New Year on Making America great again . Love!

I guess I am wrong to expect him to act presidential ...

Yes, you are wrong if you expect him to act the way you think he should. That's why he won. He didn't "act" like a typical politician. Many Americans had seen enough acting. They recognized it for what is was--"acting." And they saw the real hypocrisy unfold after the act was over.

And in 50 years I have never Heard a POTUS use the word enemy when referring to the American people.. or Sports Revival New England and Miami they are not called enemies..

You must have missed Scottw ponting out Obama using the word, even saying we would punish them. I assume he was talking about Americans.

you can not Take something out of context when its used as Noun as he used the word enemy (the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.)

I didn't take it out of context. I put it in the proper context. You are the one that seems to want to create a context.

We Know Putin isn't his enemy after this Tweet When Putin Russia won't expel US diplomats out

Mr Trump used Twitter to praise Mr Putin’s tactics, saying it was a “great move”. Id love to hear what I am missing here
Putin is not Trumps enemy in the context of Trump's New Year's twitter. As far as Putin not expelling US diplomats goes, that WAS a great move. And it did create a less inimical context.