Thread: Palins Alaska
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #100
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When he said that we got what we deserved on 09/11 (when he said Americans chickens simply came home to roost that day), where was the Jesus reference?

How old are you? Does your Mommy know you're on the Internet?

I can't pass this one up. I know there is a lot of negative, potentially racist comments said by Wright, and make no attempt to justify or applaud/condemn them. BUT... this one was such a talking point with the "Obama hates America crowd' that I can't not paste this. I will add, that as a full blown Agnostic, former Catholic, I know many people who sit in the Catholic church every Sunday but do not believe or agree with every single statement said by the priest/minister, and suspect that is the same for many people of many faiths. However, as an Obama supporter in '08, I don't like the fact, that he just didn't switch churches, however I suspect it was a political move to not lose his base when he was running in Chicago.

As far as it being a tired thread, it has been discussed here in previous posts, and I didn't want to rehash my arguments. Whats next? Birth certificates?

Spence just turned 40. I know because there was a surprise party his former fishing partners 9since he doesn't actually fish anymore) weren't invited to

Below was pasted from a Op-ed by Roland Martin, CNN. Bold emphasis added by me.

"I have now actually listened to the sermon Rev. Wright gave after September 11 titled, "The Day of Jerusalem's Fall." It was delivered on Sept. 16, 2001.
ALT TEXT

One of the most controversial statements in this sermon was when he mentioned "chickens coming home to roost." He was actually quoting Edward Peck, former U.S. Ambassador to Iraq and deputy director of President Reagan's terrorism task force, who was speaking on FOX News. That's what he told the congregation.

He was quoting Peck as saying that America's foreign policy has put the nation in peril:

"I heard Ambassador Peck on an interview yesterday did anybody else see or hear him? He was on FOX News, this is a white man, and he was upsetting the FOX News commentators to no end, he pointed out, a white man, an ambassador, he pointed out that what Malcolm X said when he was silenced by Elijah Mohammad was in fact true, he said Americas chickens, are coming home to roost.”"

I guess Edward peck hates America too....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"