View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 05:20 PM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You said: "Trump’s lying far surpasses any predecessors on quantity alone."

I replied "You have not actually made a count of how many lies politicians have made in the past and present." I should have specified a count of "all" politicians, but that is implied in my reference to your "any" predecessors.

Your little sample of Politifact's check on the truth of a few assertions, out the massive uncountable number of political statements by predecessor politicians is pathetic. It certainly doesn't demonstrate that the few selected checks of Trump statements, nor the few selected ones of Obama, are a count or even an indication that Trump has far surpassed any predecessor in quantity of lies. You haven't even begun to check the record of all predecessor politicians. Your statement is, indeed, as I said, "the sort of lie, which has no factual basis, that typical politicians have always resorted to."

And what's hilarious, even in this skewed and insignificant number of truths and lies by Trump compared to Obama, Trump scores 29% completely true to Obama's only 20% percent completely true. The rest of the categories from mostly true to pants on fire all are versions in which some untruth exists--that is they're partial lies, which is typical of most slanted political lying and media opinion pieces.
New spin as I predicted, now look at the false side and not surprisingly it's Obama 150 to Trump 444.
You do understand that they did not factcheck every word spoken by each politician, but only looked at issues someone found questionable.
I'm not interested in spending the rest of my life doing political research to rebut an internet argument, perhaps you are.
And so my opinion still stands as stated
No elected American politician has ever lied as much as Generalissimo Donnie Bonespur the First.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin