View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:02 PM   #135
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Perhaps you could inform us of the mainstream publications that offer this information
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I get criticized for linking videos and articles, or the stuff is not watched or really read but poo-pooed anyway. I think it would be better, and more convincing, if you went on the web and searched it out yourself.

More to the point. I am not impressed by nor care much about lists of stupid lies politicians have told. And it is annoying more than informative if every mistake, or ignorant comment, or difference of opinion is called a lie just to inflate the numbers. But if they're funny, I can enjoy that. You may not have noticed, but I think that lying is a common political tactic that is used by all of them, and is accepted by those who want to believe them.

Sure, pointing out some policy to be wrong, whether it is a lie or just plain wrong, can be important. But claiming run of the mill political rhetoric to be a lie is usually a ho-hum, what's new kind of moment for me. And constantly, daily, on and on, harping on someone being a liar begins to take on the character of some psychological tic.

So, OK then, I've vented about it, and wont anymore. Carry on with informing us about Trump being the greatest liar of all time.

Last edited by detbuch; 01-08-2019 at 09:07 PM..