View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 09:20 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Quite simply to outline the corruption engendered by the Floridaman administration in Ukraine, which she did quite effectively. Floridaman noticed

In her testimony, Yovanovitch detailed how Giuliani and his associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman worked with a corrupt Ukrainian prosecutor to orchestrate a smear campaign against her, oust her from her post as ambassador, and "circumvent official channels" of Ukraine policy. Yovanovitch also testified, "Perhaps it was not surprising that when our anti-corruption efforts got in the way of the desire for profit or power, Ukrainians who preferred to play by the old, corrupt rules sought to remove me. What continues to amaze me is that they found Americans willing to partner with them and, working together, they apparently succeeded in orchestrating the removal of a U.S. ambassador. How could our system fail like this? How is it that foreign corrupt interests could manipulate our government?" While Yovanovitch was testifying, Trump denigrated her on Twitter. When read what the president had written about her, Yovanovitch testified: "It's very intimidating. I can't speak to what the president is trying to do, but the effect is to be intimidating."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
thing is, trump didn't need any reason whatsoever to dump her, because that happens all the time
when the administration changes.

so she was a disgruntled former employee, playing the victim card. she also appears to have lied about responding to democrats attempts to reach out to her in this issue. she also explicitly testified to having zero knowledge that trump did
anything illegal.

that’s some smoking gun.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device