View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #25
N.ShoreFisher
Annisquam Assassin

I love politics. I actually do, the problem is that it's made up of humans. Humans tend to screw up everything they touch. Ignorance and dishonesty are the 2 BIGGEST problems about politics, end of story. Ignorance, because many, if not most people in this country are fine with other people making the rules. They're not involved, they don't read laws, write to their representatives, but love to complain. Dishonesty, because those in power rarely poll their constituents to see what they want. They forget that they're in that position to be a servant. It's a privilege to serve as a politician, but unfortunately they've forgotten about that, and in turn are dishonest when they lie about motivations for certain actions or inactions. They fight tooth and nail against social, economic, domestic and international issues, but always seem to find the time to vote on another pay raise, free health care for themselves and college for their kids, as well as loving to showboat that some are "not taking my paycheck so that I'm in sync with those that are out of work due to the shut down", when in fact they, by law(which they passed in the 70's after another government shutdown) actually have no say and "have to take it". There's only a handful that actually donate it to show their support. It's all a dishonest show for the masses, and for the most part, we'll complain a little, but won't write letters, or run for office or rise up and march or anything else because we'll already be on to the next thing that grabs our attention.
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" -JFK

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965