View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 05:11 PM   #119
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You don’t have to create or introduce a virus to be responsible for killing people by irresponsible messaging and handling

The messaging was conflicted by all from the very beginning--by the medical experts, the Dems, the Press, the WHO, the pundits, by Trump. Trumps messaging was regurgitation of statements by various experts. He didn't handle his duties per the Constitution irresponsibly. He took severe actions earlier than Biden would have since Biden criticized his travel bans from china, UK, and Europe. You conveniently leave out what was happening then, and insist that he didn't act soon enough. With no evidence other than politically motivated accusations by the Dems and the leftist Press.

and since you are like Barr in his defense of Trump you are now and to me forever know as DeBarr.

Then I take it as a complement.

Trump claiming 100,000 die yearly from the common flue is yet another lie meant to downplay the impact of Covid in comparison, yet the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. The higher number reflects the particularly harsh 2017-2018 flu season. Most years, the US death toll from the flu is closer to 34,000 to 43,000.
If he said that, he is wrong. Maybe he referred, or meant to refer to earlier pre-flu vaccine days when a lot more people died of it. 35 million Americans get the flu every year, a lot more than have got covid. How many of those 35 million would die if we hadn't already have developed medicines and ways to lessen its lethalness. I suspect when we get a better understanding and effect ways to combat covid, that it will be in the same category of deaths as the flue.