Thread: Eagles grounded
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 12:28 PM   #10
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I'd like to hear from the many players who said they weren't going, explain why. That would probably be entertaining. .
I know it is hard to believe that football players *cough cough* could have intelligent, un-entertaining thoughts, but pretty sure at least one or two fire a neuron.

Chris Long in February when asked of his reasons:

“Who were the fine people on the side of the Nazis and KKK that gathered in my hometown the day a terrorist put 20 ppl in the hospital? Why reference the hatred and bigotry on “many sides” that day? Why didn’t you immediately denounce them?”

Torry Smith:“For me, it’s not just about politics…this isn’t something that I personally feel inclined to be involved with…I respect the office, but often times we hold our athletes and entertainers to higher standards than we hold the President of the United States. To me it’s about doing the right thing, it’s not about choosing sides or anything, it’s simply about right and wrong.”

Malcolm Jenkins: "This is a celebratory event where we come, the President comes in, shakes a couple hands, takes a picture and leaves. And I'm just not interested in that," says Jenkins, a long-time advocate of criminal justice reform.
"It's just not worth my time," ..."I'd rather spend my time working with whoever on these issues that we've been fighting for. That's just my personal decision.Jenkins says he would "definitely consider meeting Trump" if the visit involved talking about improving the criminal justice system.
"Where that work is is where I'll be," he says

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.