Thread: Oh boy....
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Republicans can't even hide there dishonesty .. even a legitimate selection process takes longer than 50 days

And Jom election have consequences BS you pull out to defend them when they would not put garland foward and stonewalled for a year but this is ok .. Republicans have zero moral ground. On any topic its really sad to watch
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
why 50 days? trump has been maintaining a list for 4 years.

obama nominated garland, and sent that nomination to the senate. the senate chose not to confirm. i’m not sure it’s reasonable to assume the american people have senate control to republicans because they wanted scalia replaced with garland.

this is the same thing. trump will
probably nominate someone, and send the nomination to the senate. i’m sorry, but that’s how it works, and i’m sorry that elections have consequences.

the senators can do what they choose, and shortly after, he people will decide what we think of that in an election.

the american people
elected trump, and gave senate control to the democrats. that had consequences.

if you want to go back to the days when senators on both sides confirmed all nominees, if also welcome that. bill clinton’s no
i need were confirmed, almost unanimously in ginsburgs case, a lot of republicans voted for her. then the democrats changed the rules. if they changed the rules thinking they’d hold the senate forever and never be on the receiving end, that’s their fault, blame harry reid for that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device