View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 02:51 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
yes, those good old fashion conservative values - Tell the poor that you are on your own (that empathy thing - or should I say lack of empathy). Claim that any social services causes laziness and that the poor in the inner cities are poor bc of liberalism. "They need to lift themselves up by the boot straps".
“tell the poor that you are on your own”.

please provide some evidence, that one of the pillars of conservatism, or if judeo/christian ethics, is to ignore the poor? or is this one of those situations where (1) i’m right, and (2) you can’t bear to admit it, so you lob a fabricated, baseless, stupid insult instead? we’ve discussed many times the study which annihilated the notion that liberals care more about the poor.

“claim that any social service causes laziness.”. it would
quite stupud to say that all social
service programs cause
laziness. it would
be quite thoughtless to deny that in some cases, it causes laziness. I certainly never said that all charity programs cause laziness. Seems like you are responding to something that no one has said.

Paul, is Chicago a city that’s been run by liberals for many years? Is it working? In my opinion, we’ve tried decades of liberalism in places like Chicago, and i think the people there deserve better, so i advicate for trying something different. is that as callous as you are desperately trying to make it out to be?

in the future, if you could respond to what i actually say, rather than responding to stupid jibberish that I’d never say,,our discussions will be more productive.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device