View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 04:55 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if you are implying that I never criticize Republicans, you're not all that attentive. I do it all the time. I'm in favor of gay marriage, opposed to the death penalty, in favor of more gun control, in favor of more free healthcare for people born sick (free to them), and I think Trump is disgusting. Is that going too fast for you? Or do you understand that I'm not a blind ideologue?
My experience tells me that things people claim vehemently to be is close to what they are not. Perhaps you're the exception.

I think that politicians usually don't cause or cure poverty. But they have an impact.

I believe that very, very few people are poor who (1) make good long-term decisions, and (2) who work hard. So I think politicians who are sane, should do everything they can, to encourage those two behaviors. I think there are plenty of bad people and stupid people on the right, but that being said, I think there's no question that the republican agenda does a better job of stressing those behaviors, than the liberal agenda.
I think that many people who are poor are illiterate and have not even had good examples of how to succeed or know what success is. Most liberals and conservatives I know would agree with me. As long as the battle is to make sure nobody gets too much we will never win. If the lifting hand ends when you start to get above water, you will surely sink with the next wave. So after you sink a couple of times, you stay where the hand helps you. I blame that on politicians and most are guilty.

Liberalism stresses the idea that if something feels good you should do it. And it relies heavily on the idea that nothing is anyone's fault. That everyone who fails, didn't screw themselves, but rather, was victimized by someone else, preferably by a white guy wearing a suit. And that it's "progress" to get as far away as possible, from 1950's family values. I don't think it's been a great cultural leap forward, and there's all kinds of evidence to support that. Not that the 1950s were a utopia (segregation and racism). But the higher percentage of intact, nuclear, traditional families, was a good thing in my opinion. And it's not necessarily worthy of a celebration, to get further and further away. Liberals can't get away from it fast enough.
You've been watching too much right wing BS, that whole last paragraph is the equivalent of a liberal saying conservatives are Fascists.

Like this,
Conservatism stresses the idea that something that feels good must be bad. And it relies heavily on the idea that everything is someone else's fault. That everyone who fails is an idiot, morally bankrupt, inbred and likely a damn foreigner.
That nothing good has happened since the Beatles came across the ocean, and things were better when women stayed at home and didn't find out you had a girlfriend. We stayed married for the sake of the children. She needed a good smack. A little grab-ass is just boys being boys. We should bring back the three Martini lunch. Archie was right, those Liberals ruined everything. Don't take it too seriously, it's a joke Meathead

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin