View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 04:23 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Most people don't try to turn everything into Progress vs Cons. like you did.

I am not "most people". Being "most people" may be a goal you aspire to. I don't. I would normally apologize if I undeservedly offended you. But if that offends you, or irks you, I won't apologize for who I am.

Progressive vs Conservative is an essential feature of American politics, so would be totally appropriate in a political forum.

I'm guessing Pete's post was in reaction to your post commenting on progressive educational instituitions and pointing out that cons. states seem to score low.

If citizenship wasn't important in the progressive educational institutions what do you attribute to the low scoring conservative states? Just not as smart or is it bc they frequently spend less per student on education?
The public educational institutions in this country have intentionally been made Progressive in their social and political pedagogy. If not all, the vast majority with qualifying teacher certificates are educated in our Progressive colleges and Universities. This applies even in "conservative" states. Our Public schools, in all states, are progressive institutions. It would be interesting to have a chart like the one in this thread that surveyed private schools. I wouldn't be surprised if Christian school students scored higher.

In the survey that John posted all states except Vermont scored below 50%. And Vermont was only at 53%. In the next level below that "Conservative" states had higher scores than "Progressive" ones. As a whole, even including Vermont, that is pitiful. Spending more money on education evidently doesn't affect the students' knowledge of American civics and history. That's not because the students are stupid. It's because they are not being taught what Progressive pedagogues think is either unimportant or they are being taught Progressive versions which are antithetical to the historical principles of this country.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-19-2019 at 04:31 PM..