View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
2na

I started smoking at 13 and went for about 20 years, I'm over 10 off. Was at 2 packs a day. I quit a few times during that 20 but would pick it back up and have my cowboy killers riding shotgun again before I knew what was happening. I finally had had it with the smell, taste, ashtrays, etc - all the bad things that you know too well. Went cold turkey - tried a smoke a few years back with an old friend (American Spirit - mmm) and almost coughed to death, so I'm finally sure that I'll never be back on'em. The best advise I can give you is if you are to be successful you really really have to want to quit, not be quitting because you think you should or for someone else. I mean deep down in your heart and head you want out. Just look at it one hour at a time, one day at a time. Win all these small battles and it'll add up.

I grew up in the same environment as you with many people smoking around me, so I know what you're saying there. Good luck, stay strong and true. Good job flushing that last nail.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.
2na is offline   Reply With Quote