View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Perhaps you suggest we would be better off following a Canadian cult leader

Where do you get that I suggest following anybody? Do you believe that agreeing with something that someone says is actually "following" him? That posting or referring to somebody's words or ideas is "following" him? Are you a follower of those you agree with or those you quote in a positive way? Are those you agree with cult leaders? Are you a member of the cult of those leaders?

Have you defoo’d your family yet?
http://www.fdrliberated.com/the-day-...efan-molyneux/
You previously said that Molyneux is alt-right? The video that you linked here shows him to be anything but alt-right. Was there anything in Stefan's video on birthright citizenship that was alt-right? No. Or in any of the few other Molyneux videos that I've posted? The videos, the actual "evidence," don't support your assertion. Rather than the evidence in front of you, you refer to what others, usually leftist or left leaning outlets, have "described" him to be.

Here, you're casting Molyneux as a cult leader. The content of the Rogan video you link here does not show him to be such. Rogan even specifically says, in your video, that Stefan is not a cult leader. There are insinuations on the internal links in your video that he is, but, again, they "describe" him as such, but the little and limited "evidence" they provide is conjectural. And, again, by leftists. Stefan has a huge audience of several thousand viewers the vast, vast number of who don't consider him a cult leader and who simply watch his videos because they promote a like minded philosophical view or open new philosophical vistas, as well as interesting commentary on current affairs.

For me, I don't find Stefan appealing on a personal level. I don't like his voice or his peculiar accent or his resorts to Shakspearian rants. Personally, he annoys me. But he produces some videos packed with information presented in a logical, precise, and understandable way. Those that I have posted here were like that, just easy ways of presenting a point of view that I didn't have to write up on my own.

In my opinion, those that label some as alt-right, or cult leaders, when they clearly are not, are attempting to marginalize, effectively shut down speech that is dangerous or "offensive" to them.

And, likewise, when those who resort to what others "describe" a person to be, rather than looking at the content of evidence in front of them (the video which is the subject being discussed), that implies the same need to discredit that evidence because it is dangerous or offensive to them.

Anyway, even if SM was those things you label him to be, that doesn't, for me, discount everything he says--certainly not the content of the videos I've posted. If, for you, lying about or mislabeling someone did negate everything else the mis-labelers says or have said, does that mean that you will not ever again believe anything that The Southern Poverty Law Center says?