View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #13
blondterror

Another pointer on drilling belly weights... I have a tabletop drill press and a drill press vice that holds my plugs while I drill them. Sometimes i wrap the plug in paper towel or a rag to prevent denting it from the vice if the square ends have been removed. Weight is an art form.. but once you get it right make sure you write down the solution so you can reproduce it... I am guilty of not doing this all the time... and having to re-invent the wheel... must be old age...

If you need a drill press vice for a great price (used but American made quality) contact Joe at Plaza machinery in Bethel , VT Joe is an old jersey boy who moved up to VT and runs a used metal working and woodworking machinery business from his place next to the White River (great trout stream) off River Road in Bethel... it is a blast to spend some time in his barns getting bargains on old American made tools and machines... email Joe and he will eventually get back to you on what he has.. http://plazamachinery.com/

Last edited by blondterror; 11-14-2012 at 08:07 AM..

Blond Terror
blondterror is offline   Reply With Quote