View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 01:07 PM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Here is my reason for being on this board, which I never frequented ahead of the Trump getting the nod to be the republican horse in the 2016 election, it's almost impossible to debate this with friends that may have supported Trump. In years past I could talk occasionally about certain government policy moves, white house turmoil or world arenas we were entering, without it become a gloves off loose your friendship debate.

This board is a microcosm of what I experienced in just one attempt to discuss Trumps response to Putin's denial of tampering in Helsinki. I knew he supported Trump, but OMG call Trump out in front of a red hat, card carrying Trump supporter and it's insults and mud slinging just like his campaign. So while I feel strongly enough to discuss what I see is wrong, I'm thankful my partner feels the same, otherwise she probably would have shown me the door, like my "friend" did that day.

I think we could attempt to be more civil and keep this debate above board, but that it would appear is as likely to happen as Trump closing his Twitter account.