Thread: NRA
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #254
scottw

By REID J. EPSTEIN | 1/14/13 6:49 PM EST Updated: 1/15/13 6:15 AM EST

The White House has identified 19 executive actions for President Barack Obama to move unilaterally on gun control, Vice President Joe Biden told a group of House Democrats on Monday, the administration’s first definitive statements about its response to last month’s mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Read more: Joe Biden on guns: White House readies 19 executive actions - POLITICO.com

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of "the people" to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

infringed past participle, past tense of in·fringe (Verb)
Verb
1.Actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.): "infringe a copyright".
2.Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on: "infringe on his privacy".

The Commerce Clause describes an enumerated power listed in the United States Constitution (Article I, Section 8, Clause 3).

Article I, Section 8, Clause 3:[3]

[The Congress shall have Power] To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian tribes;

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by "the people".

“My understanding is the vice president is going to provide a range of steps that we can do to prevent gun violence. Some of them will require legislation,” Obama said. “Some of them I can accomplish through executive action."

.................................................. .....................

”Justice Stevens took the plain language of the statute and made legal contortions to get to the result the Court wanted to get to,”

“It was turning statutory interpretation and the interpretation of a record upside down, in my opinion, to get a predetermined result. ” Senator Lindsey Graham

just sayin'...........

.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-a...b_2457871.html
"It's absolutely long past time to repeal the Second Amendment"

Last edited by scottw; 01-15-2013 at 07:27 AM..