View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
So the question is prior to using Active Outdoors the State paid for employees, and the other things needed to license people some # of dollars per license. I assume that Active Outdoors is less expensive than that. Did they lower the price of the license when the change was made? The cost is gone and the money is still being paid.
Very few people bought their license from a F&W office. Most bought them from either a tackle/hunting shop, or at the town hall. I don't think that F&W saved any money by offering online sales. Any clerk that sold them from a F&W field office did other things besides selling licenses. No one was ever hired as strictly a license sales clerk.

Don't want to pay the convenience fee? Then don't. Just go down to the town hall and pick up your FW or hunting license. You'll only pay the extra dollar that towns are allowed to collect (and always have been allowed to collect). For a SW license, there are 3 DMF offices who'll sell you the license for the $10 fee with no extra charges. I get mine from the New Bedford DMF office every year, and it costs $10. Takes all of 3 minutes.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote