View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 04:44 PM   #9
Karl F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Angler View Post
I don't know but I'm starting to get an uneasy feeling about the coming season's weather

So far we've had a 200 year flood...unbelievably warm temps for the first week in April which will result in earlier than normal ocean temps locally...and there is also a strong El Nino this year

All the vegetation and especially the perennials in our yard are weeks - if not a full month - early

I don't know what the old Indian who lives down the road from Raven is calling for, but tell him there's an old greenhorn in Newport who thinks we've got a real good shot at the Big One this year...
I'm with you Greenhorn...last time we had a late March, early April like this...we got BOB in August...

Buy your plywood for the windows now, and stock up on fresh water, and propane, and gas for the generators....
we are kinda overdue for some hurricane action i hate to say...and the ins. co.'s have jacked up the rates every year the weather forecasters say we are going to have 9 named storms...and gotten squat........so..a good shot at it indeed....
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote