View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 07:03 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Who said anything about giving it all away? If I had employees I would pay them fairly. That would mean enough to live on their own..

Apartment, food, a car payment, etc.

If you look at personal income growth it was awesome from ww2 until the 70's and then it slowed way down. And suddenly, poof! CEO's started making tons of money. What started that change ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"CEO's started making tons of money"

But that doesn't mean that everyone else makes a lot less, as I showed with the Walmart math. Nebe, you are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts.

"If I had employees I would pay them fairly. That would mean enough to live on their own..

Apartment, food, a car payment, etc"

Right. If you owned a small restaurant, you would pay your cashiers and busboys enough to pay rent, a car payment, etc?? The economy doesn't work that way, Nebe. There are unskilled, entry-level jobs that are not designed to be sufficient to raise a family on. If we paid everyone $50k a year for every job, prices at every department store would skyrocket, and you'd be complaining about the new high prices.

The problem isn't CEO pay. You now know that.

The problem is we have too many kids whose parents don't encourage them to do schoolwork. If you get C's and D's in high school (and for most kids who do, it's a choice on their part), you are going to struggle. There's nothing unfair about that. There are a small number of people who don't have the ability to rise above menial work at Walmart, and we have an obligation to help those people. People who chose to slack off? Different story. They can work harder and get promoted at Walmart, they can go to school at night, etc.

Gimme, gimme, gimme.