View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
FishermanTim

It is amazing how parents will unwillingly and unwittingly force sexual orientation on a child that has no comprehension of what sexual orientation really is.

Most children don't start to really notice the difference in the sexes until their (very) early teens, some even a bit earlier. (I know they know the difference between boys and girls, but not much else.)
Of course with all the sexual inuendo and provocative ads and shows on tv, it's no wonder we have sexually active preteens getting into situations they have no conception of, and can't handle.

Never the less, what we seem to be experiencing is a variation of "absentee parenting" where the parents are endowing children with adult choices before they are ever ready to make them.

Let kids grow up at their own pace, and besides offering pearls of wisdom (on our failed childhoods ), we should just be there if they need us and not try to control all aspects of their lives.
(Can you tell that I'm not a parent?)

Just let them be who they were born to be, and not what we think they should be because of how we percieve the world.

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote