View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 11:49 AM   #73
PaulS

Telling Blacks to leave this country has been a racist statement for many years so to Blacks it is a loaded statement. Google the phrase and see how blacks and Latinos have been taunted by it for years.

"Americans as early as the founding generation believed whiteness was a prerequisite for the exercise of republican virtue. Before the Civil War, there was a decades-long movement to send free and freed blacks back to Africa based on the theory that black people were unfit for and incompatible with democratic life. America’s most restrictive immigration laws were rooted in the idea this was, as the popular 19th-century phrase had it, a “white man’s country,” inherently threatened by the presence of nonwhites and non-Anglo-Saxons, not to mention women."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re right. i dont see why it’s racist, he didn’t mention their color, and as you guys have pointed out, trump has a long history of being a vindictive baby to everyone who disagrees with him, regardless of color.

put it this way, if they were all white women from albania, do you have any reason to believe he wouldn’t have said the same thing?

it can only be racist, if his reaction was triggered by their race. i believe his reaction had nothing to do with their race, and everything to do with the fact that he can’t handle criticism.

Paul, is it always racism, when a white person treats a black person poorly? can it ever just be garden variety jerkiness? of course it could be a jerk statement but if you don't love this country, then go back to your country is a loaded statement to blacks - not to me - to blacks. Just like telling me I'm acting like a monkey isn't that big of a deal to me to but to a black it is.

despite what liberals clearly believe, it is possible to be obnoxious to a black person, and not be a racist, especially if one is equally obnoxious across the racial spectrum.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
NM